This article is for both WebinarJam and EverWebinar, and anything explained in here can be applied to both Apps.
By utilizing our list of 3rd party platform integrations, you can connect to apps you use every day to automate tasks and save time. Zapier offers 750+ integrated apps together to make your own automations, so there are literally thousands of options you can set up.
Some popular automations you may want to try:
- Adding your registrants to an autoresponder that is not in our integration list
- Tagging your registrants to an autoresponder that is not in our integration list
- Adding new registrants to a Google Sheets Spreadsheet
- Sending yourself a notification when someone registers
- Sending registrants a survey or form for additional information
- Adding registrants to an SMS service for additional messaging
- Creating Trello boards for follow up services
- Creating tasks with Project Management Programs
- Creating a purchase (for sending a free followup file)
Resources from Zapier
Zapier is a 3rd party program. Refer to the following articles in the Zapier knowledge base for information about Zapier and how to set up your Zaps.
Before we start, let’s remember some basic concepts on how Zapier works:
- ONE TIME: Generally, Zapier does not have a mechanism to keep items in sync after they have been run through a Zap one time. Think of Zapier like a one-way one-time pipe right now.
- BEFORE TURNED ON: Zaps will not be able to see data that was created before your Zap was turned On. They are meant to trigger data that has been newly added. See Zapier’s article on bulk importing existing data into zaps.
Your WebinarJam API key
In order to connect your WebinarJam and your Zapier accounts, you will need your WebinarJam API Key. This key can be found in your main webinar dashboard, by clicking on the Advanced link for any of your webinars. You don’t need a new API Key for each webinar, since the Key is global for your entire account.
Setting up your first Zap
When you click on the link above, and you log into your Zapier account, you’ll see a screen like below. Please click Create This Zap.
Select a Trigger
On the next screen, “Select WebinarJam Staging Trigger”. You may need to press “Show Less Common Options” (Marked #1 Below).
Among your options, you’ll see the following (Subject to change):
- New Registration
- User Attends Live
- User Misses Webinar
- User Purchases
- User leaves the live webinar before (or after) a specific time stamp
- User attends the webinar replay
- User joins the live webinar late
- Certain triggers, such as the New Attendee trigger, will only trigger after the webinar is over, when all those who attend the webinar will trigger the zap in succession. If you want to trigger the zap when someone registers for your webinar, use the New Registrant trigger instead.
- Generally, Zapier does not have a mechanism to keep items in sync after they have been run through a Zap one time. Think of Zapier like a one-way one-time pipe right now. If you want different actions on different triggers, you need to create multiple Zaps.
Connect with WebinarJam
You will be taken to a screen that will allow you to select your WebinarJam account.
- If you are already connected, choose your account (Marked #1 Below).
- Press test to confirm it’s working.
- Connect an Account (Marked #2 Below).
If you select “Connect An Account”, a popup will appear (See Below) that will ask you “Allow Zapier to access your WebinarJam Account?”
To connect both platforms, you will need to enter your WebinarJam API key to connect (see screenshot below). For more information on where to locate your WebinarJam API key, please read WebinarJam API Key.
Select a Webinar
You will be taken to a screen with a dropdown menu (Marked #1 Below).
In the drop down, you’ll see a list of webinars.
You’ll see the Webinar Code or Webicode listed beside each Webinar Name (Marked #2 Below).
If you have WebinarJam and EverWebinar, your EverWebinar webinars will be further down the list. You may need to scroll (Marked #3 Below).
Please note that, if you selected a time-based Trigger, such as “registrant leaves the live room before or after a certain time”, you will see a screen prompting you to enter the number of minutes from a dropdown (minutes are in 5 minute increments).
Zapier will need to test the integration by fetching an existing person that meets your trigger requirements.
WebinarJam is set up to send a sample of “name: Joey Millner, email: [email protected]”.
Press Fetch & Continue.
If your test is successful, Zapier will say, “We’ll use this as a sample for setting up the rest of your Zap.”
If you view the information, it should display Joey’s data.
Add Action Step
Next is adding an Action Step. You will see a screen similar to below.
Choose Action App
Zapier has a wide variety of “Built in Apps” on this screen. Scroll down to see “Popular Apps”.
The best way to find your app is to start typing the app name in the box that says, “Search hundreds of applications.” Zapier has 750+ integrated apps. Visit Applications on Zapier to search for integrated apps.
With over 750 applications and action steps varying per Application, we’ve chosen two common action steps to cover.
This option is popular if your Autoresponder does not have a direct API integration with WebinarJam. This allows you to add people to your list or tag them.
- Most Autoresponders have subscribe or unsubscribe from a list and adding or removing a tag. Other autoresponders have additional options, while some have fewer.
The screen below is from AgileCRM, but most autoresponder applications will have a similar screen. Your autoresponder may have different actions from which to select.
Choose one of the common options or press “less common options” to see additional choices.
You will see a screen similar to below. It will vary based on which actions you added.
You may see a dropdown on the right side (Marked #1 Below).
Choose one of the Webinar attendee field options (Marked #2 Below) and that information will be added to your email. It will appear in the box with the field you added (Marked #3 Below).
You will need to add the email for many actions related to your autoresponder list.
Getting a registrant email notification is another popular option, as this sends you an alert when a registrant performs a specific action. This particular set up is through the Zapier Email and allows you to send to any email.
You will choose email or your email application.
With Zapier mail, you will choose send an outbound email.
With Gmail you’ll choose “send email” from the application screen. (this may vary based on your email application.
On the next screen you’ll choose whom you want to send the email to and what your subject is and other email related entries.
Each line offers a dropdown on the right side. (Marked #1 Below)
Choose one of the Webinar attendee field options (Marked #2 Below) and that information will be added to your email. It will appear in the box with what field you added. (Marked #3 Below).
Once you have finished setting up your actions, you will need to activate your zap by toggling in on.
You should see a “Your Zap is working” confirmation message and the toggle should be in “On” position.
Of course this depends on what particular set of integrations and actions you wanted. You can always go back to the Zapier dashboard to review the WebinarJam/EverWebinar zaps you have created, or to create new ones!